First the seat. Its still going great, still no problems with it. A few tips though:
- For extra support when you know that your little one is going to fall asleep, take an inflatable neck pillow. It gives total support of the head.
- If your planning to leave the seat on the bike when you lock the bike up. You should secure the seat. I have a thin lock for securing panniers and seat in one go, but i know someone who's just attached a little jangly padlock to the rack.
- Mikes got new waterproofs from Muddy Puddles. Still not had to use them though.
- I use these all the time now (my other panniers have been retired)
- They stand upright when you put them down, which makes them better than a normal pannier and better than a laptop bag. It also means you can put them in the bottom of a shopping trolley and load your shopping straight in.
- Its really easy to find things. Partly because the shape means the bottom is not very far away and partly because they have an almost luminous orangey yellow lining which makes it easy to see and find things.
- After a lot of practice i can take them on and off quite quickly now. Not as quick as my ortliebs but acceptably so.
- One of them is a good size for my laptop , a book, lunch, water, tools, and odds and ends. Theres just room to spare if i pick up a bottle of wine on my way home :-)